Cooperative Strategies's redevelopment assistance is specially focused on ensuring that educational entities are receiving the correct amount of redevelopment tax increment and accurately reporting that revenue to the State. Failure to properly study these issues has often resulted in severe underpayments and misreporting (both over and under reporting).
As a result of the complexities in calculating tax increment revenue and the interaction between capital facilities and the general fund, Cooperative Strategies has been recognized to work in conjunction with School Services of California, Inc. to provide the very best and most comprehensive redevelopment services available in the State. A copy of the article published by School Services on July 21, 2008, discussing redevelopment and our recognition is available to the left.
Specifically Cooperative Strategies’s redevelopment assistance includes the following:
- Validation of Historical Remittances
- Mapping of Project Areas
- Projections of Future Revenue
- Confirmation of Apportionment and Reporting Requirements
- Negotiations with Redevelopment Agencies of Tax Increment Discrepancies
- Annual Audit of Remittances
- Leveraging of Redevelopment Revenue for Bond Issuances
- Please refer to the Redevelopment Services Booklet and School Services article at left for more information.